Your roofing questions answered
Our expert roofers answer your questions below
Below you will find some short answers to some of the most frequent questions we are asked as the best roofers in Fife, you can ask your own question or request a quote by clicking the button below.
How do i stop my roof leaking?
If you are competent with health and safety and aren’t afraid of heights you could try to repair your leaking roof yourself. In the first instance if its a slate or tiled roof you would enter your loft to get an idea of where the leak is coming through the surface, wherever the point of entry is in the loft is roughly where you want to start inspecting on the outside surface. Open up an area of your roof around where you seen the internal leak and once you have found any wet patch keep on stripping the roof up the way until you’ve tracked the leak to the point of origin. This should allow you to find simple to repair leaks but this is the best case scenario, majority of the time you will need to hire a reputable and trusted roofer.
How do i know what roofers to hire?
Advice on hiring a reputable roofer
Here are a few pointers for you to keep you on the right track.
- Ask if they are insured
- Request previous customers referrals
- Are they time served tradesmen
- How do they accept payment
- How long will the roof be guaranteed for
- Obtain 3 quotes and compare price and work, cheapest isn’t always the best
- These are just a few pointers to assist you with hiring the best roofer for your work, if you are struggling feel free to contact the best roofers in Fife for more asistance
How much does a new roof cost in Fife
A new roof in Fife can be determined by different factors, here are a few examples of what you would expect to pay.
- For a new marley tiled roof on a 3 bed mid terrace ex council property the approximate cost of a new roof is £4400.
- For a new slate roof on a 4 bed detached bungalow the approximate cost is £6000.
- For a new tiled roof on a 3 bed semi detached property the price will be approximately £4800.
- These figures and examples are approximate only and will vary dependent on things like the stability of the chosen roofers, the cost of scaffolding and the type of materials used plus numerous other factors.